Stephen van Beek
Fields of interest
- Augustan poetry and its reception
- Neo-Latin literature (of all periods)
- History of Classical scholarship
Member of the editorial team, Ancient Greek–Dutch Dictionary, and (intermittently) lecturer in Latin, Leiden University.
Lecturer (‘Art, Consensus and Canon’, general course for Humanities students), University of Amsterdam.
ReMA: Classics and Ancient Civilizations, Free University/University of Amsterdam (ACASA).
Double BA: Latin Language & Culture/Greek and Latin Language & Culture, University of Amsterdam
• Latin Epic (Virgil’s Aeneid), BA2
• Latin Language Acquisition, BA1
- Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen
- Centre for the Arts in Society
- Latijnse T&C