- Dr. P. Gouw Ph.D.
- +31 71 527 7749
- ORCID iD
Patrick Gouw is subject librarian for History, Archaeology, Classics and Papyrology at the Leiden University Libraries.
You can contact him for questions about:
- Collection development
- Purchase requests
- Instructions about library skills
- Virtual Research Environments for researchers
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and crowdsourcing project Maps in the Crowd
Office: University Library Leiden, room 028
Phone: +31 71 527 7749
Workdays: Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday - Thursday
Patrick holds a PhD in Ancient History from the University of Amsterdam (UvA), specializing in the urban life of the Greek East during the Roman Imperial period (31 BC - 400 AD). His dissertation centered around the world of athletes and performers in Greco-Roman agonistic festivals. Besides Antiquity his research and teaching interests include the post-classical history of Greece, especially the early modern and contemporary period. Recently, he taught courses for HOVO Leiden (Senior Academy) on Thessaloniki and Greece.
- Universitaire Bibliotheken Leiden
- Onderzoek & Onderwijs Diensten
- Faculty Liaison & Diensten
Work addressUniversity Library
Witte Singel 27
2311 BG Leiden