Hossam Ahmed is a Lecturer at the Leiden University Institute for Area Studies.
Fields of Interest
Syntactic Theory, Case Theory, Arabic linguistics, Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language, Arabic Language and Culture
PhD, Theoretical Linguistics, University of Utah
MA, Theoretical Linguistics, University of Utah
BA, English Language and Linguistics, Alexandria University, Egypt
Leiden Institute for Area Studies, Arabic Studies
- (2015) Verbal Complementizers in Arabic. PhD Dissertation. University of Utah.
- (2012) Languages: 1920 to Present: Middle East. in Stanton, A. L., Ramsamy, E., Seybolt, P. J., & Elliott, C. M. (Eds.). Cultural Sociology of the Middle East, Asia, and Africa: An Encyclopedia (Vol. 1). SAGE.
- (1999) Translation Problems in Computer Technical Texts in Enani, M. M. and Abdel Aatty, M. (Eds.)
- Translation: Proceedings of the Cairo 5th International Symposium on Comparative Literature. pp. 145 – 152. Cairo University, Egypt.
- Modern Standard Arabic.
- Media Arabic.
- Arabic Texts (Intermediate, Advanced).
- Arabic Through Literature.
No relevant ancillary activities