Anar Ahmadov (PhD, London School of Economics) is broadly trained in political economy, sociology, development studies, and public policy. Prior to joining Leiden, he has held research and teaching positions at Princeton University, Oxford University, and the London School of Economics (LSE). For over fifteen years, he has also worked as a consultant, analyst, and executive in international development. His current research interests lie in political-economic inequality, natural resource governance, migrant political behavior, and the diffusion of political and economic ideas. He is a recipient of over twenty grants and fellowships, most recently NWO Vidi grant (800,000 euros) and NIAS-KNAW individual fellowship.
Anar Ahmadov (PhD, London School of Economics) is broadly trained in political economy, sociology, development studies, and public policy. Prior to joining Leiden, he has held research and teaching positions at Princeton University, Oxford University, and the LSE, and for over a decade worked as a consultant, analyst, and executive in international development. His current research interests lie in political and economic inequality, natural resource governance, migrant political behavior, interaction between religion and politics, and conflict studies.
Extension number: 8370
- Political Economy of Development
- Natural Resource Governance
- Political and Economic Inequality
- Migrant Political Behavior
- Islamic Studies
- Conflict Studies
- Impact Evaluation
- Political Economy of Development: Natural Resources
- Comparative Political Economy
- Foundations of Research Design
- Politics of Russia and Central Eurasia
- Introduction to Comparative Politics
- Global Challenge: Prosperity
- Mathematical and Statistical Analysis
- Salecker L., Ahmadov A. & Karimli L. (2020), Contrasting Monetary and Multidimensional Poverty Measures in a Low-Income Sub-Saharan African Country, Social Indicators Research 151(547-574).
- Ahmadov A.K. & Hughes J. (2019), Ideology and civilian victimization in Northern Ireland’s civil war, Irish Political Studies .
- Ahmadov A.K. (2018), How oil autocracies learn to stop worrying: Central Eurasia in 2008 Global Financial Crisis, Post-Soviet Affairs 35(2): 161-180.
- Ahmadov A.K. (2018), Breaking the fourth wall in political studies: exploring politics through interactive theatre, European Political Science 18(3): 554-573.
- Ahmadov A.K. & Borg C. van der (2018), Do natural resources impede renewable energy production in the EU? A mixed-methods analysis, Energy Policy 126: 361-369.
- Ahmadov A.K. (2018), ExpoDive: Global Export Diversification Data, 1962-2010 Harvard Dataverse. [dataset].
- Ahmadov A.K.O. & Sasse G. (2016), Empowering to engage with the homeland: do migration experience and environment foster political remittances?, Comparative Migration Studies 4(12).
- Ahmadov A.K.O. & Sasse G. (2015), A Voice Despite Exit: The Role of Assimilation, Emigrant Networks, and Destination in Emigrants’ Transnational Political Engagement, Comparative Political Studies : 1-37.
- Ahmadov A.K. & Guliyev F. (2015), Tackling the Resource Curse: The Role of Democracy in Achieving Sustainable Development in Resource-rich Countries. Stockholm, Sweden: International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA).
- Ahmadov A.K.O. (2014), Blocking the Pathway Out of the Resource Curse - What Hinders Diversification in Resource-Rich Developing Countries?, Oxford University GEG Working Papers .
- Ahmadov A.K.O. & Sasse G. (2014), Migrants' Regional Allegiances in Homeland Elections: Evidence on Voting by Poles and Ukrainians, Journal of ethnic and migration studies .
- Ahmadov A.K.O. (2013), Oil, Democracy, and Context: A Meta-Analysis, Comparative Political Studies XX(X): 1-30.
- Ahmadov A.K.O. (2011), When Great Minds Don't Think Alike: Using Mock Trials in Teaching Political Thought, PS: Political Science and Politics 44(3): 625-628.
- Isakhanli H. & Ahmadov A.K.O. (2007), Azerbaijani Perspectives on the United States. In: Levinson, D.; Christensen, K. (Eds.) Global Perspectives on the United States: a Nation by Nation Survey. no. Vol. 1 Great Barrington: Berkshire Publishers. 31-33.
- Ahmadov A.K.O. (2006), Dividing the Caspian: Conflicting Geopolitical Agendas among Littoral States. In: Schlyter, B.N. (Ed.) Prospects for Democracy in Central Asia. London: I. B. Tauris. 147-168.
No relevant ancillary activities