Ae Ree Nam
Ae Ree Nam is a Lecturer at the Leiden University Institute for Area Studies.
Fields of interest
Teaching & Learning Korean as a Foreign Language, Second Language Acquisition, Language Learner Motivation, Language Teacher Motivation, Technology in Language Learning & Teaching, Foreign Language Pedagogy, Professional Development of Language Teachers
Ph.D., Second Language Acquisition, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
M.A., Korean Studies specialized in Teaching Korean as a Foreign Language, Ewha Women’s University, Seoul
B.A., English Language and Literature, Ewha Women’s University, Seoul
- 2014-present: Lecturer, Leiden Institute for Area Studies, Korean Studies
- 2008-2013: Graduate Lecturer, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of EA Lang. & Lit
- 2006-2008: Lecturer, Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Director, Paichai-Wenzao Korean Center, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- 2001-2006: Lecturer, Sogang University, Korean Language Education Center, Seoul, Korea
- All levels of Korean as a Foreign Language for university and adult learners
- Web-based Korean language courses
- Language teacher training courses
- Nam, A. R. (2017). Motivation and Persistence in Learning Korean: Factors Associated with Students’ Decisions to Continue or Discontinue FL Study. (Doctoral dissertation). University in Wisconsin, Madison.
Nam, A. (2012). Exploring motivation and attitude: learning persistence of university learners beyond the first year Korean. Journal of the International Network for Korean Language and Culture, 9 (2), 119-143.
Grants and awards
Second Language Acquisition Dissertation Grant, UW-Madison, 2013
Vilas Conference Travel Grant, UW-Madison, 2013
Teaching Excellence Award, Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2007
No relevant ancillary activities