Graduate School of Science
Working towards a PhD means conducting research, writing a dissertation and defending your findings at a public defence ceremony.
The PhD Regulations, adopted by the Doctorate Board, set out who is eligible to become a PhD candidate, what the tasks of the supervisor and co-supervisor are and the criteria that the dissertation has to meet.
It is important that the Dean and the Graduate School of the Faculty and the Beadle of the University have all the information needed for the PhD procedure.
The Faculty of Science presents an overview of steps in the formal procedure leading to the public defence. A number of appendices of the PhD Regulations are therefore available that should be submitted at the points in time described in this overview, see below.
- Converis (user: phd-fwn; password: Science12)
- Appendix 2 – Appointment supervisors
- Education and Supervision Plan (ESP, Dutch: OBP)
Secretary Doctorate Committee:
- Appendix 7 – Registration form Defence Date
- Form for submitting research data
- Appendix 4 - Licensing agreement Leiden University Institutional Repository
Graduate School Office / Dean:
- Appendix 5b – Approval Doctorate Committee by Dean
- Appendix 6 – Letter of admission to Defence by Dean
- Appendix 8b – Approval Opposition Committee by Dean