LUF International Study Fund (LISF)
Leiden University students and recent graduates sometimes miss out on the regular exchange programmes, despite having an original plan for a project abroad. The LUF International Study Fund (LISF) can help them by securing funding for their project.
- See the LUF website: www.luf.nl
- Target group
- Bachelor, Master, PhD
- Countries/ nationalities
- All countries
- Scholarship type
- Internship, Study, Research
- Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
Students and recent graduates of Leiden University who have an original plan for a project abroad can apply for a LISF grant. This project can be research, education, internships, conference participation or PhD preparation. The LUF International Study Fund can help you to finance your plans.
To be considered for funding you should meet the following criteria:
- You show great promise as a student, based on your grades and cv.
- The project fits well into your programme of studies.
- The (academic) added value of your project abroad is evident.
- You are able to convincingly communicate your motivation and enthusiasm for the project.
- You show a good understanding of your project.
- You have a good idea of the best approach to the project.
- You can provide a sound budget for the project.
- You are applying for additional funding elsewhere.
Scholarship or loan amount
The scholarship granted by the commission of the LUF International Study Fund (LISF) amounts to a maximum of €2,000 and is never more than the demonstrated shortfall of funds required by the applicant. For a conference or symposium a grant with a maximum of € 300 can be awarded.
See the LUF website for application procedures and deadlines.
Leiden University Funds
2311 EZ Leiden
tel. 071 - 513 05 03