Lab facilities EEG
- Measurement of brain activity by external electrodes (EEG).
- Staff, guest researchers and students
Pieter de la Court
2333 AK Leiden
- Kerwin Olfers
This laboratory consists of 6 different units equipped with powerful PCs for presenting stimuli through E-prime, and measuring EEG signals with 32 to 128 active electrodes (BioSemi).
Each unit is partitioned in a space for the respondent and a space for the experimenter. The 6 EEG units are owned by different psychology sections, but we try to standardize the units as far as possible to facilitate exchange when needed. A common room is available with supply storage, hot and cold water, and cleaning facilities for EEG equipment. Supplementary options in some of the units are
- EEG recording during social interactions of 2 participants,
- recording vocal responses, and
- combining EEG with eye tracking or other physiological recordings.
Lab users have to be acquainted with lab protocols and technology.
For support please visit the SOLO Research and Lab Support website.