Lab facilities EEG
- Measurement of brain activity by external electrodes (EEG).
- Staff, guest researchers and students
Pieter de la Court
2333 AK Leiden
- Kerwin Olfers
This laboratory consists of 6 different units equipped with powerful PCs for presenting stimuli through E-prime, and measuring EEG signals with 32 to 128 active electrodes (BioSemi).
Each unit is partitioned in a space for the respondent and a space for the experimenter. The 6 EEG units are owned by different psychology sections, but we try to standardize the units as far as possible to facilitate exchange when needed. A common room is available with supply storage, hot and cold water, and cleaning facilities for EEG equipment. Supplementary options in some of the units are
- EEG recording during social interactions of 2 participants,
- recording vocal responses, and
- combining EEG with eye tracking or other physiological recordings.
Lab users have to be acquainted with lab protocols and technology.
For support please visit the technical support website.