Spots available – Register now - Courses for PhD Candidates
Please find a list of courses with start dates in September for which there are still spots available. The dates indicate the start date for the course, but note that courses may cover more than 1 session.
- Communication in Science – Sept 3
- Time Management and Self Management – Sept 3, Sept 10
- Data and Project Management – Sept 3
- Speed reading – Sept 5
- Writing an Excellent Grant Proposal (please note that this course is for PhD candidates who are going to apply for a grant and already have an idea for the research proposal) – Sept 6
- Planning and Managing your PhD project – Sept 6, Sept 27
- Effective communication – Sept 6, Sept 18
- Qualitative interviewing – Sept 11
- Presenting skills – Sept 18
- Academic writing – Sept 24, 25
Plan your future career
- Job Interview Skills – Sept 12 (morning or afternoon session)
- Job Orientation – Sept 17
- Career guidance - you can make an appointment with one of the career advisors for expert advice on your career and development. You can find more information via this link.
- Also check out the PhD Career Platform: https://phdcareerplatform.universiteitleiden.nl/en/
- Employed PhD candidates: If you are a PhD candidate with employee status, you need a budget (SAP) number when you register (choose the “Register (staff)” button). Please consult your supervisor or institute manager to find out which budget number to use.
- Contract PhD candidates: If you are here on a scholarship, you should register using the button “Register (guest/LUMC)”. Please select “PhD without a funded place”, then select “Third party payment” and fill out your faculty’s address, including a SAP number. Please consult your supervisor or graduate school to find out which budget number to use.
- External PhD candidates: If you are an external PhD candidate (without funds), you will need to discuss with your supervisor whether there is budget for you to participate in courses.
- If you have registered for a course, but you don’t show up because it turns out that you can’t make it, the graduate school or institute will be charged with the costs for the course.
- Please check the website for more information, more start dates, and even more courses: https://www.staff.universiteitleiden.nl/human-resources/mobility-and-career-guidance/phd-candidates-and-postdocs/phd-candidates/service-units/administration-and-central-services?cf=service-units&cd=administration-and-central-services