Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Graduate School of Humanities

Insurance and Taxes

When moving to The Netherlands, it is important to know whether you are considered a resident tax payer or non-resident tax payer. Both residents and non-residents are taxed on their taxable income. A number of criteria help determine your status as resident or non-resident.

For more information on insurance and taxes, please consult the Service Centre International staff website.

Are you an international researcher working for Leiden University? Please note that you are probably legally obliged to take out health insurance. On this page of the Service Centre International Staff website, you find more information on the type of health insurance you need and how to apply for it.

If you have any questions regarding insurance and taxes you can contact the Service Centre International Staff by email or by phone  +31(0)71 527 7300 or visit them at Rapenburg 70, Leiden, on weekdays from 08.30-12.30 (no appointment needed).

This website uses cookies.  More information.