Eight universities in the Netherlands and Flanders participate in the NVIC.
The NVIC is supported by the following institutions:
In the Netherlands:
- The Ministry of Education, Culture and Sciences
- Leiden University (administrating institution)
- The University of Amsterdam
- The Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
- The University of Groningen
- The Radboud University Nijmegen
- Utrecht University
- Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) (FWO), on behalf of the University of Leuven and Ghent University.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the NVIC mostly consists of members of the Executive Boards of the participating institutions:
- Prof. Dr Carel J.J.M. Stolker, Rector, President, Leiden University
- Prof. Dr Geert T.M. ten Dam, President, University of Amsterdam
- Prof. Dr Jouke de Vries, President, University of Groningen
- Prof. Dr Daniël Wigboldus, President, Radboud University, Nijmegen
- Prof. Dr Anton Pijpers, President, University of Utrecht
- Prof. Dr Vinod Subramaniam, Rector, Free University, Amsterdam
- Prof. Dr Luc Sels, Rector, University of Leuven
- Prof. Dr Rik Van de Walle, Rector, Ghent University
The Dutch Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Education, Culture and Sciences and The Research Foundation – Flanders (FWO) are represented in the Board by observers at Board meetings.
The Advisory Council consists of specialists in the fields of Arabic studies and Egyptology, representing the participating institutions:
- Prof. Dr Olaf E. Kaper (chair), Leiden University
- Prof. Dr Petra M. Sijpesteijn, Leiden University
- Dr Kiki M. Santing, University of Groningen
- Dr Nico Landman, Utrecht University
- Dr Liesbeth Zack, University of Amsterdam
- Prof. Dr Harco O. Willems, University of Leuven
- Prof. Dr Jo van Steenbergen, Ghent University
The Administrator of the NVIC is Drs. John A. Kroes.