LUGO’s position within Leiden University
The LUGO team is part of the Administration and Central Services department of the university. Within this department the Business Office (Bedrijfsbureau) is situated. Which supports the directorates within Administration and Central Services. It also supports directors of expertise centers in terms of internal operational management, in the areas of human resources (HR), finance, ICT and corporate social responsibility (CSR). The LUGO manager, and therefore LUGO, is part of the Business Office.
An Advisory Board has been established to assist LUGO in different ways:
- To advise LUGO at a strategic and/or tactical level and to contribute ideas for possible activities and/or their implementation;
- To review LUGO’s activities against its overall aims and its annual plan, budget and annual report;
- To serve as an ambassador of LUGO within Leiden University;
- To assist LUGO in achieving its goals, e.g. by generating publicity for activities.
The Advisory Board consists of four to five members, who are either staff members or students (from co-participation) at Leiden University. In its composition the Advisory Board reflects various parts of the University; usually a member of the University Council forms part of the Advisory Board.
At the start of the academic year 2020/2021 the Advisory Board consists of:
- Rick Lawson, professor of European Law at Leiden Law School (chairman)
- Anneloes Blanken, manager of the Business Office of the Administration and Central Services department
- René Kleijn, associate professor at the Institute of Environmental Sciences (CML)
- Bas Knapp, student member of the University Council