National Stargazing Days
- Saturday 24 February 2018 - Sunday 25 February 2018
- Saturday 24 February: 14:00 to 23:00. Sunday 25 February: 14:00 to 22:00.
2311 GW Leiden
In the weekend of 23, 24 and 25 February the national stargazing days will take place in the Netherlands. Leiden is also participating in this event this year with the Old Observatory. On Saturday the 24th from 14:00 to 23:00 and on Sunday the 25th from 14:00 to 22:00, the Old Observatory is open to the public. During these two days there is plenty to do in our historic building.
During the weekends it is possible to:
- Walk around the historic building.
- Look through the antique telescopes.
- Explore the light laboratory.
- View the planetarium.
- Ask questions to astronomers.
For children there is a special craft corner set up in which a drawing contest will be held!
Everyone is welcome and the entrance is free. Reservations are not required.
The stargazing days in Leiden are coordinated by the amateur working group Leidse Sterrewacht and assisted by the members of the LWSK, JWG and Kaiser students. Without them, it would be impossible to organise this event!