Young faculty lunches
YAL organises young faculty lunches at all Leiden University faculties. Additionally, we organise young interfaculty lunches to bring together young academics from across the university.
Being a young academic can be rather solitary. Young academics often do not have their own research group, nor the extensive network that associate professors and professors have. The Young Academy Leiden aims to change just that!
The Young Academy Leiden organises lunch meetings for young and early career academics and researchers at each faculty. The young faculty lunches are designed to create an informal place for young academics to get to know each other, with the additional benefit of facilitating new collaborations and a strengthened network.
The first few lunches have been met with a lot of enthusiasm by the attending (young) academics, with many of them very happy for the opportunity to connect with colleagues from different disciplines and institutes. The lunches provide a perfect place to discuss topics such as the tenure track, time management, supervising PhD students, applying for grants and much more.
See below for an overview of coming and past young faculty lunches. Also keep an eye on our agenda for the announcement of coming lunches.
Upcoming young faculty lunches
- 25 march 2020: interfaculty lunch (12-1:15pm). More information will follow soon.
Past young faculty lunches
- 12 February 2020: young faculty of social and behavioural sciences lunch
- 4 December 2019: young faculty of science lunch
- 7 November 2019: young faculty of law lunch
- 29 October 2019: young faculty of social and behavioural sciences lunch
- 17 October 2019: young faculty of science lunch
- 27 August 2019: young faculty of science lunch
- 14 June 2019: young faculty of science lunch