Night of the Night
- Saturday 26 October 2019
- The program is from 20:00 to 23:00. Entrance is free. Parking on the grounds of the Old Observatory is prohibited.
- Oude Sterrewacht
2311 GW Leiden
On Saturday 26 October between 20:00 and 23:00 the Leiden Observatory celebrates the Night of the Night. During the evening the building will be open to the public and there will be several acivities. You can learn about Astronomy as a hobby and talk with members of the 'Werkgroep Leidse Sterrewacht'. Special attention will be paid to light pollution, through switching off all lights in some monumental buildings in Leiden.
The program at the Old Observatory is as follows:
– walk through the historic building
– observing with antique telescopes
– learn about properties of light in the Light Lab
– ask astronomers questions
Are you interested in astronomy, do you own a telescope yourself, are you curious in nature? We are happy to answer all your questions.
Everyone is welcome and entrance is free!