Elective courses in uSis
Here we explain how to apply for an elective course in uSis.
The explanation below is also provided on uSisHelp via short films explaining the steps (via buttons 'see it' or 'try it').
- Login onto uSis
- Go to ‘Student center’
- Click the ‘Petitions’ link
- Go to the tab ‘My academics’
- Click the ‘View my advisement rprt’ link
- Scroll down and choose what to do:
- When submitting a petition for replacing a compulsory course, then click on the course name.
- When submitting a petition for an internal (Leiden University) elective course, then click on ‘Mediatechnology Choice’ courses.
- When submitting a petition for an external elective course, then click on ‘Mediatechnology Choice’ courses.
- When submitting a petition for an extracurricular course, then click on ‘extracurricular’.
- Click the ‘Submit request’ button on the right
- From the drop-down menu select
- 'Replacement' when you want to replace a compulsory course
- 'Replacement' when you request an internal (Leiden University) elective course
- 'External education' when you request an external elective course
- 'Extracurricular course' when you request an extracurricular course
- Click the ‘Continue’ button
- Enter the course name in the Description field
- In the ‘Explanation student’ field please provide the following details. This is important, otherwise the Board cannot assess your petition!
- ECTS points
- Level, e.g. level 400, Master 2nd year, Bachelor 3rd year
- Institute and department, e.g. TU Delft, Computer Sciences dept.
- Course description
- Link (URL) to the course description in the study guide online
- Personal motivation for taking this course
- Name of the course lecturer
- Date when the course starts
- Click ‘Save’
- Click ‘Submit’
- Click ‘Yes’