Ethics and copyrights
PAIR stands for ethical publishing and transparency. Below you can read about our commitment to COPE principles, copyright compliance and rigorous peer review ensures the integrity of every article we publish.
- PAIR endorses the ethical principles formulated by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Contributors are responsible for all statements made in their manuscripts and for obtaining written permission from copyright owners for illustrations, adaptations, or lengthy quotes. To verify the originality of content submitted to the journal, the editors of PAIR will utilize iThenticate to check submitted manuscripts against previous publications.
- The corresponding author(s) warrants and represents that the article is original, is not under consideration by another journal, has not been published previously, and contains no content that is libelous, unlawful, or infringes upon another copyright.
- Manuscripts have to refer to the informed consent procedure and ethical standard procedures authors have followed in their presented research.
- Transparency and objectivity are necessary principles in peer review processes. Manuscript submissions are assigned to blind reviewers in an effort to minimize potential conflicts of interest. PAIR tries to avoid the following potential conflict of interest situations: relationships between reviewers and authors who are/have been current or recent colleagues, recent co-authors, and PhD students (recently) guided by the editor. After papers are assigned to reviewers, they have to inform the Editor-in-Chief of any (potential) conflict of interest.
- All works published in PAIR fall under the terms of Scholars Open Access publishing and policies of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 International. This CCAL permits a user to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt the work, provided the original work and source is appropriately cited.
- All published articles will be assigned a specific identification code, DOI, whereby PAIR and its articles can easily be found online.