- Target group
- Start level
- Target level
- Start courses
- September, February
- Language of instruction
This is an online course. To be able to participate in this course, you are advised to use a headset with microphone. To check that everything is working properly, please use: Quick Tech Check
This course is a follow-up on level 2.
You will learn to listen, speak, read and write letters and hold presentations. You will substantially increase your vocabulary and knowledge of idioms and grammar. Through role-play, presentations and various assignments you will learn to apply this knowledge in practice. Various grammatical topics will be covered and strengthened using exercises from the workbook. In addition to the method we will be using television broadcasts on video as reading materials, and we will be discussing newspaper articles and articles in our respective fields of expertise. We will also dedicate some time to discussing the Italian country and people. You will need approximately two hours a week of preparation time. This homework will form the basis for the conversation and discussion in the group. The final goal is for you to be able to communicate on a variety of topics, read short articles, understand the key points of current affairs, and write a short coherent text or letter. You will also be able to hold a presentation in which you explain your plans and motivation.
You will reach level A2.1 according to the Common European Framework.
The course is completed with an oral/written test. If you attend 80% of the lessons and successfully complete the final test you will be awarded a certificate.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can sign up for the level 4 course.
Students may choose between the Dutch or Italians books.
- Al dente 2 – Libro dello studente + esercizi + CD + DVD (Dutch)
- Al dente 2 – Libro dello studente + esercizi + CD + DVD (Italian)
Edizione Casa delle lingue
- Nuovo grammatica pratica della lingua italiana, Hueber Verlag Gmbh, ISBN 9783190153534, (in Italian)
- Praktische Grammatica Italiaans, Intertaal, ISBN 9789460304033 (in Dutch)
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase course materials themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
The course is intended for adults with a higher education, including both Leiden University students and staff members and other interested parties with no relation to the University.
The course is open to persons aged 17 and older who have completed a secondary school education.
You can participate in this course if you have followed our Italian 2 course. Potential participants who do not fulfil these entry requirements can complete an entry test to determine whether their level is sufficient. This test is a computer test. It can either be taken at the Language Centre or downloaded and taken home.
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 12.
- The course load is 56 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.