About the project
Building a lively Humanities Campus with renewed and sustainable buildings surrounded by a green outdoor space.
The new Humanities Campus will be the home of the Faculty of Humanities and its affiliated knowledge partners and institutions. The University’s aim is to create a lively new campus in an attractive, green environment. To achieve this, the educational buildings are being renovated and made sustainable. It will be a welcoming campus, offering new facilities – including a public literary café and restaurant – and public facilities already provided by the University, such as HOVO (higher education for seniors), creative LAK (Leiden Academic Arts Centre) courses and language courses.
The Faculty will retain a close link with the University Library, which is an important place for many Humanities scholars and students to conduct their research and to study.
Which buildings are involved?
- P.J. Veth on Nonnensteeg: internal renovation (completed in 2017)
- Arsenaal on Arsenaalstraat: internal renovation (completed in 2020)
- South Cluster: Van Eyckhof, Van Wijkplaats: renovation
- North Cluster: Matthias de Vrieshof: renovation
- Reuvens on Reuvensplaats: renovation/new building
- Lipsius South on Cleveringaplaats: new building
These renovations will be carried out on the basis of sub-projects.