For the basic program, Research Master students and PhD students can register by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to register for the join-in courses and other activities, please contact the corresponding teachers and/ or coordinators at their university.
- In the Program a distinction is made between the basic program, so-called join-in courses, and relevant symposia and the like organized by participant universities. In all three types of activities, ECTS points and/or certificates can be obtained.
- The basic program comprises a total of five courses, organized by the Research School, that have been purpose-developed for training and support of PhD students and Research MA students who specialize in Medieval Studies (history, art history, and literary history, in particular). The courses have a study load of 3-5 ECTS points. In addition, there are one or two symposia, organized by the Research School, whose active attendance can generate 1-2 ECTS points.
- Join-in courses are MA-courses in medieval topics given in set MA-programs of the six participant universities of the Research School. On request, such courses are accessible for MA-students from other (Dutch) universities. Course loads and number of credit points to be obtained are usually between 5 and 10 ECTS.
- Local symposia are symposia, master classes, workshops and the like that are organized throughout the year by medieval studies departments in the six Dutch universities participating in the Research School as well as in the associated Flemish universities (Ghent, Louvain, Antwerp). These activities are announced in the Research School’s (digital) news letter. If not open events, they may be attended by request to the organizers, who are free to determine whether ECTS credits can be obtained (and, if so, how many and in what way).
- Research MA-students and PhD students are wise to consult with their supervisors how parts of the Research School’s Course Program fit best in their own training and research plans.