- International symposium (organized by Research School)
The central theme of this international symposium will be urban public space. Starting point will be Street Life in Renaissance Italy, a monograph published in 2020 by Fabrizio Nevola (University of Exeter), in which the author gives a fascinating picture of the use of public space, architecture, soundscapes, etc. in the Italian city.
This symposium-linked course will include preparation for and participation in a master class by Fabrizio Nevola, followed by an extensive discussion on the applicability of his concepts and research methodologies in other geographical areas. It may also include active participation in the organization of the symposium.
For interested students, two options are available:
- For active participation in the organization of the symposium and in the master class, including the writing of a short paper (2,500 words): 5 ECTS;
- For active participation in the master class, including the writing of a short paper (2,500 words): 2 ECTS.
- Aimed at: Research MA students and PhD students.
- Period: May / June 2022
- Location: Groningen
- Course coordinator: prof. dr. S. Corbellini (Leiden) and dr. R. Stein (Leiden).
- Course load: 2 / 5 ECTS.
- Other symposia
Information will be provided as soon as it becomes available to the Research School.