(04-11-2020) The visitor center of the Old Observatory is closed until November 15th 2020 in line with the national corona measures in the Netherlands. When we reopen, please pay attention to our corona regulations:
Regulations (at reopening)
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask inside the visitor center.
- You are welcome to visit us as a group, with a maximum of four people.
- We provide an advised maximum of visitors for every room in the exhibition, that ensures enough room to keep 1.5m distance to other visitors.
- During your visit, follow the route that is marked with yellow arrows on the floor.
- Keep 1.5m distance from other visitors.
- Do not visit us if you are not feeling well. Please stay at home if you have experienced one or more of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours: a cold, a runny nose, a sore throat, a mild cough or a temperature increase.
- Click here to read information on visiting the Hortus Botanicus during the Corona pandemic.
- The visitor center is open every weekend from 10:00 - 18:00 (April 1st - October 31st) or 10:00 - 16:00 (November 1st - March 31st).
- It is not necessary to make a reservation for your visit to our visitor center. Note, however, that you do need to reserve a time slot for your visit to the Hortus Botanicus.
- Currently we do not offer any guided tours and we are not organizing any public events at the old observatory.