Approved Excavation Projects
We are happy to announce that the following missions have been approved by the Ministry of Antiquities, pending final security confirmations:
- Luxor Tomb TT45 led by Dr. Carina van den Hoven and Dr. Steffie van Gompel from Leiden University
- Leiden-Turin Excavations at Saqqara led by Dr. Lara Weiss from the National Museum of Antiquities (RMO) and Dr. Paolo Del Vesco and Dr. Christian Greco from the archeological museum Museo Egizio in Turin
- Dayr el Bersha, Minya Mallawi led by Dr. Harco Willems from the Catholic University in Leuven (KU Leuven) and Dr. Marleen De Meyer from the NVIC and KU Leuven
- Dakhleh Oasis led by Dr. Pawel Polkowski from the Polish Archaeological Museum (Poznań Archaeological Museum) and Prof. (em.) Anthony J. Mills from the University of Toronto
- Dakhleh Oasis Kellis 2 led by Dr. Peter Glen Sheldrick from Ontario University and Prof. (em.) Anthony J. Mills from the University of Toronto
The NVIC wishes the experts good luck with their excavation projects and hope they return having made new discoveries!
Would you like to know more about archaeological expeditions from the Netherlands and Flanders for which the NVIC acts as the primary facilitating institution in Egypt? Please click here.