Persian 1+2 Intensive
- Target group
- Start level
- Target level
- Start courses
- Language of instruction
The course Persian for beginners is a basic course in language acquisition and requires no prior knowledge of the language. All basic skills are addressed in the course: speaking, listening, writing and reading. Furthermore, society and culture are also covered. Every lesson includes homework and preparation of approximately three hours in total.
The course is concluded with a written test. Once you pass the test, you will receive a certificate. A certificate is awarded if the test is completed successfully and the participant has attended 80% of the lessons.
- Sedighi, A., Persian in Use. Leiden University Press. ISBN 9789087282172.
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase course materials themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
The course is intended for adults with a higher education, including both Leiden University students and staff members and other interested parties with no relation to the University. The course is open to persons aged 17 and older who have completed a secondary school education. Knowledge of the Persian language is not required for enrolment in this course. It is a beginners course.
- The maximum number of participants for an online course is 16 and for a classroom course is 18.
- The course load is 112 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.