- Target group
- Start level
- Start leel
- Target level
- Start courses
- September, February, May (semi-intensive)
- Language of instruction
The Korean 2 course is a beginner's language acquisition course which requires some prior knowledge of the language. All skills are addressed in the course: speaking, listening, writing and reading. In addition, the course also focuses on vocabulary and grammar. Making use of practical situations, participants can practice both informal and professional language use. Furthermore, society and culture are also covered. You should take into account that every lesson involves a preparation time of approximately three hours.
The course is concluded with a written test. A certificate is awarded if the test is completed successfully and the participant has attended 80% of the lessons.
- Sogang Korean COMPACT SERIES 1. Seoul: Sogang University Press. ISBN 9788992491709
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase course materials themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
The course is intended for adults with a higher education diploma, including both students and staff members of Leiden University, as well as interested parties who have no connection to Leiden University.
The course is open to any person aged 17 or older with a completed secondary school education.
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 18.
- The course load is 56 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.