AVT/Anéla Dissertation Award
The winner of the AVT/Anéla Dissertation Award 2018 is...
The Dutch Linguistics Society (AVT) and the Dutch Society for Applied Linguistics (Anéla) organise an annual award for the best PhD dissertation in linguistics. In 2018, 11 excellent dissertations were nominated. The jury has arrived at a shortlist of 3 candidates (in alphabetical order):
- Tessel Boerma “Profiles and paths. Effects of language impairment and bilingualism on children’s linguistic and cognitive development”.
- Evelyn Bosma “Bilingualism and cognition: the acquisition of Frisian and Dutch”.
- Anja Goldschmidt “Hitting playfully but hard: Conceptual effects of verb-adverb modification in the domain of force”.
The winner of the AVT/Anéla Dissertation Award 2018 is: Tessel Boerma!
You can read the jury report here.
This year's jury consisted of the following members:
- Sjef Barbiers (Leiden University)
- Hans Hoeken (Utrecht University)
- Monique Lamers (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Fons Maes (Tilburg University)
- Geertje van Bergen (Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics)
The secretary of the award jury is Dr Jorrig Vogels (for AVT); the second secretary is Dr Nivja de Jong (for Anéla). For further information about the AVT/Anéla Dissertation Award, please contact Jorrig (email@example.com) or Nivja (firstname.lastname@example.org).