Women Reporting from the Frontlines: A Discussion with Female War Correspondents
- Wednesday 3 November 2021
2511 DP The Hague
From Iraq to Sri Lanka to Nicaragua women have been reporting from the frontlines for centuries sometimes to great acclaim. As part of our overarching theme this year at WIIS NL of Women in War and Peace in this roundtable we ask female journalists about their experiences as war correspondents. What are their unique strengths? What obstacles do they face when reporting in hazardous conditions?
In a moderated panel discussion, we would like to invite female war correspondents to openly discuss these experiences and engage with a diverse audience.
- Vanessa Newby - WIIS-NL President and Leiden University
- Joanna Roper CMG - British Ambassador to the Netherlands and UK Permanent Representative to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
- Dilrukshi Handunnetti – Sri Lankan Journalist
- Ana Van Es – Dutch Journalist
- Special Guest - Journalist from Yemen
- Fernande van Tets - Dutch Journalist
- Willemijn Aerdts – WIIS NL and Leiden University
|16:45 hrs (CET)||Doors open|
|17:00 hrs||Event starts|
|18:30 hrs onwards||Borrel & Networking|
Questions & registrations
Please register for the in person or online attendance via this form. Due to limited availability of seats, please indicate on the form whether you are going to attend in person or online.
For online: After your registration you will receive a Zoom link to join the event.
If you have any questions about this event, please send an e-mail to Isi Madojemu.