The Museums, Collections and Society (MCS) research group of the Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) makes grants available for collection-based research.
Deadline for submitting your application
The deadline for submitting applications for 2020 has been expired.Apply via e-mail
For 2020, there are five grants, each worth €4,000.
Criteria of application
Applications should meet the following criteria:
- The application may not exceed 3,000 words.
- The application must relate to collection-based research (Leiden/The Hague).
- The application must be submitted jointly by an academic member of staff and a staff member of a collection-managing institution.
- The application should contain a clear description of the research question and its operationalisation.
- The application should indicate how the proposal fits in the context of a research agenda and/or scientific debate.
- In addition, applicants must provide an overview of the expected output. This could be a seminar, a book or chapter in a book, an article and/or an application for research funding.
- During the project period, applicants must submit an article for the MCS Annual Report and contribute to the Leiden academic community, for example in the form of a lecture.
The project should be completed within 18 months. After 6 months, one of the project leaders should submit a progress report. A final report should be submitted no later than 18 months after the starting date (the date on which the money is transferred).
The grant issued may not be used to pay for salary costs, but only to cover material costs (travel and accommodation costs, organising activities, etc.).
For more information, please e-mail the head of the research group, Prof. dr. Pieter ter Keurs