- Target group
- Start level
- Start level
- Target level
- Start courses
- September, February
- Language of instruction
All basic skills are addressed in this course: speaking, listening, writing and reading. Furthermore, society and culture are also covered. Every lesson includes homework and preparation of approximately three hours in total.
The course is concluded with a written test. Once you pass the test, you will receive a certificate. A certificate is awarded if the test is completed successfully and the participant has attended 80% of the lessons.
- Japanese for Busy People 2, Vanaf Les 6. ISBN 9781568363868.
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase course materials themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
The course is intended for adults with a higher education diploma, including both students and staff members of Leiden University, as well as interested parties who have no connection to Leiden University. The course is open to any person aged 17 or older with a completed secondary school education.
You can register for this course if you have successfully completed the Japanese 2 course of the Academic Language Centre, or if you can demonstrate in some other way that you possess the required entry level. A basic knowledge of English is required.
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 18.
- The course load is 56 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.