- Target group
- Start level
- Start level
- Target level
- Start courses
- September, February, May (semi-intensive)
- Language of instruction
This is an online course. To be able to participate in this course, you are advised to use a headset with microphone. The following requirements also apply:
To check that everything is working properly, please use: Quick Tech Check
The Italian 2 course is a follow-up on the Italian 1 course.
All basic skills are covered: speaking, listening, writing and reading. The course makes use of additional materials, including videos. In the lessons you will practice conversation on the basis of these texts. Course participants are expected to prepare the lessons at home. Per lesson you should count on a preparation time of approximately two hours. You will also learn to apply basic grammar.
Once you have completed the course you will be able to converse on various topics of a personal and cultural nature, to read simple articles, to deal with situations occurring while travelling, and to hold a short presentation about your study or work.
You will reach level A1.2 according to the Common European Framework.
The course is completed with an oral/written test. If you attend 80% of the lessons and successfully complete the final test you will be awarded a certificate.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can sign up for the level 3 course.
- L’Italiano all’Università 1, Edilingua. Chapter 5-8
- Nuovo grammatica pratica della lingua italiana, Hueber Verlag Gmbh, ISBN 9783190153534, (in Italian)
- Praktische Grammatica Italiaans, Intertaal, ISBN 9789460304033 (in Dutch)
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase course materials themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
The course is intended for adults with a higher education, including both Leiden University students and staff members and other interested parties with no relation to the University.
The course is open to persons aged 17 and older who have completed a secondary school education.
You can participate in this course if you have followed our Italian 1 course. Potential participants who do not fulfil these entry requirements have to complete an entry test to determine whether their level is sufficient. This test is a computer test. It can either be taken at the Language Centre or downloaded and taken home.
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 18.
- The course load is 56 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.