English 4 Intensive Summer Course
This intensive level 4 course is only offered in July. It consists of 15 sessions of 3 hours in three weeks. Due to the intensive nature of the course, participants are as it were immersed in the target language and are able to make great progress in a short period of time.
- Target group
- Target level
- Start courses
- Language of instruction
This is a traditional classroom course.
The teacher and all students are present in the classroom.
This is a practical rather than a theoretical language course which aims to involve learners’ thoughts, opinions and knowledge as they are practising. To this end, you will frequently work in pairs and groups, and there will also be a lot of student-teacher interaction in open-class discussions, as well as other fluency tasks. The course material makes learning enjoyable, with thought-provoking texts and motivating practice activities, including interviewing, role-playing, participation in group discussions. Fluency is practised individually, in pairs and groups. The language of instruction is English.
The target level is B2+ in accordance with the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages.
Complete First Self-study Pack (3rd Edition) by Guy Brook-Hart, Alice Copello, Lucy Passmore, Jishan Uddin; ISBN 9781108903387
The course material is not included in the registration fee. Course participants are required to purchase course materials themselves.
Target group and admission requirements
This is an intensive English summer course at upper-intermediate level, designed to meet the practical language needs of learners who wish to practise and improve their communication skills and their overall command of the language in a relatively informal setting for work, study, and for socialising confidently in English.
This course requires knowledge of the English language. Participants who have obtained the certificate for the previous course at the Academic Language Centre can register directly. Other participants are strongly advised to take a placement test in order to find out which level suits your current knowledge of the English language. You can simply complete the online placement test at home. When you are in doubt, contact us: 071 - 5272332 / email@example.com
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 18.
- The course load is 120 hours. On request a Course load declaration form can be issued. The student should enquire with their department whether course participation can be converted into credits.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added on to the end of the course. Please take into account courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.