Abstracts can be submitted only if you are registered for the conference, including the required payment.
Instructions for abstract submission
Abstracts can be sent in for three different kinds of presentations:
- an oral contribution
- poster vlog
- discussion topic
For oral presentation and postervlogs
1. Prepare your abstract according to the format indicated here. Abstracts in this format are eligible for review only.
2. The abstract needs to be sent by E-mail to SIP17@biology.leidenuniv.nl. Please, indicate ‘Abstract submission + name of the presenter’ as the subject of your E-mail. Also name the file of the abstract as ‘Abstract submission + name of the presenter’. You will receive a confirmation of your submission.
3.Refer in your E-mail to the conference session where you preferably would like to present your contribution.
Here are the sessions:
- The ecology of plant-insect interactions
- Genomics of plant-insect interactions
- Metabolomics of plant-insect interactions
- Insects and weed control
- Multi-trophic interactions
- Community ecology and plant-insect interactions
- Phylogenetics, evolution and novel interactions
- Plant-insect pollinator interactions
- Innovations and new topics in insect-plant interactions
Note that organisation can move your contribution to another session.
Indicate whether you will present your research as an oral presentation, or as a poster vlog. Note that there is very limited space for oral presentations. If your abstract is not accepted as an oral presentation, we will automatically assume that you would like to present it as a poster vlog, unless you state otherwise. Your abstract will be published in the online conference book.
4. You will be notified about the acceptance of your abstract. If accepted, you will get instructions about presenting your research at the conference as oral presentation, or as a poster vlog.
An oral presentation is limited in time to 15 minutes including 3 minutes of discussion.
The poster vlog is at maximum 3 minutes long. The poster and the vlog have to be sent to us as separate files but in the same “we transfer”. Posters without a vlog will not be accepted.
Prepare your poster as indicated here and send it to us in PDF format and record an at maximum 3 minute ‘vlog’, recording only yourself while explaining your poster. The poster should not be shown in this vlog. We will fuse the poster and the vlog of the presenter. Prepare the video in the format indicated here. The video and the poster have to be send to us through Wetransfer (https://wetransfer.com) due to it’s size. Name the file of the vlog as ‘Vlog + name of the presenter’ and name the poster file as ‘Poster + name of the presenter’ and use SIP17@biology.leidenuniv.nl as the email address.
5. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 31 May 2021.
For discussion topics
There will be short sessions of 30 minutes where you are able to organise your personal topic on plant-insect interactions. The subject of the topic is proposed by you and can concern for example getting people together for a grant application, discuss the setup of news group for pant-insect interactions, a scientific discussion on a specialized topic in plant insect interactions, etc.
Present your idea to us in one page and indicate the goal but also how you will make this digitally attractive to the participants. We will notify you if you can go ahead with organizing asap. In total 8 slots of 30 min sessions are available. The abstract needs to be sent by E-mail to SIP17@biology.leidenuniv.nl. Please, indicate ‘Discussion topic + name of the presenter’ as the subject of your E-mail. Also name the file of the abstract as ‘Discussion topic + name of the presenter’ You will receive a confirmation of your submission.
For questions related to your submission, please contact the abstract submission desk at SIP17@biology.leidenuniv.nl