As an Exchange or Study Abroad student you will receive an academic transcript from Leiden University which lists the courses you have passed, with grades and credits obtained.
Obtaining your transcript
Once your courses have been graded, you can download a digitally certified transcript via Leiden University's online application portal (uSis). Note that your uSis access will expire 60 days after you finish your last course at Leiden University, so make sure to download your transcript in time.
Steps to take:
- Log into uSis
- Open the relevant study abroad/exchange application
- On the ‘overview’ screen, select 'transcript’ (last option at the bottom of the page)
- Click on the ‘generate transcript button’
Note: on the transcript screen you can see a record of each time a transcript has been downloaded, either by you or by your Leiden University exchange coordinator.
Providing transcripts to your home university
Be aware that you are responsible for providing your home university with a copy of your transcript. Leiden University will not automatically do this for you. If your home university has any questions about your transcript, they are welcome to get in touch with the relevant Leiden University exchange coordinator.
Interpreting your transcript
Please visit our EC and grading information page for information on the Dutch grading and credit system. Be aware that your home university is responsible for credit and grade conversion.
Requesting transcripts later or hard copies
Do you need an additional digital transcript but can no longer access the online application portal (uSis)? Or do you need a certified hard copy of your transcript for official purposes? If so, send an email to:
- Erasmus exchange students: your Leiden University faculty exchange coordinator
- Non-Erasmus students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following information in your email:
- Your Leiden University student number
- The semester and academic year you studied at Leiden University
- Whether you want the transcript to be sent by email or post
- For transcripts by post, also let us know:
- The postal address
- How many transcripts you need
- For multiple transcripts: whether they can be put together in one large envelope or must be placed in individually sealed envelopes within the large envelope.
- We will automatically send your transcript by regular post. If you want to receive it by courier service, please arrange and pay for this yourself, then send us the details.