Six new members join the Young Academy Leiden
We are happy that from September 2022, six new members will join our present group of 23 members. We extend a warm welcome to:
- Francesca Arici (Mathematics, Faculty of Science);
- Marcel van Daalen (Astronomy, Faculty of Science);
- Ahmed Mahfouz (Human Genetics, LUMC);
- Katharina Natter (Political Science, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences);
- Sara Petrollino (Linguistics, Faculty of Humanities);
- Jan van Rijn (LIACS, Faculty of Science).
This year, we invited faculty boards to propose candidates for the YAL. We were very impressed by their nominations. Francesca, Marcel, Ahmed, Katharina, Sara and Jan stood out in their ideas and enthusiasm for the YAL.
The new members will commence their activities at the start of the new academic year. Their membership lasts for a period of five years. We are very much looking forward to exchanging ideas and starting up new projects together that focus on outreach, policy, and interdisciplinarity.