Six new members join the Young Academy Leiden
The Young Academy Leiden is happy to announce the selection of six new members who will join the present group of seventeen members. We extend a warm welcome to:
- Zsuzsa Bakk, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences;
- Martin Berger, Faculty of Archeology;
- Julia Henrich, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences;
- Max van Lent, Faculty of Law;
- Rachel Plak, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences;
- Michiel Veldhuis, Faculty of Science.
Many early career academics nominated themselves for YAL membership this year. Zsuzsa, Martin, Julia, Max, Rachel and Michiel stood out in their devotion to YAL’s goals and the fresh ideas they presented for YAL’s workgroups.
The new members will commence their activities at the start of the new academic year. Their membership lasts for a period of five years.
With the addition of these new members, our group of young academics now represents even more disciplines. We are very much looking forward to exchanging ideas and starting up new projects together that focus on outreach, policy, and interdisciplinarity.