- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- Intern , Extern
- Geplaatst op
- 13 februari 2024
- 18 maart 2024 Nog 23 dagen om te solliciteren
Leiden Learning and Innovation Centre (LLInC) is looking for a:
Team manager (0,8 - 1,0 FTE)
As Team manager you will be responsible for leading a group of LLInC’s subject matter specialists which will be organized in one or more teams. Together with the other team leads and the director you form the management team that steers the operational and strategic direction of LLInC. You will work together with various stakeholders in the University, both in the other central departments as well as within the faculties. Throughout, you will need to maintain and grow the network of these university stakeholders as well as clients outside of Leiden University.
- Lead team(s) of self-managing professionals with different technical backgrounds and support them in their professional development.
- Coach, mentor, and develop your team(s), including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and provide regular feedback.
- Act as management team member, representing your team(s) and managing LLInC operations and strategy together with the other team leads and the director of LLInC.
- Use your own subject matter expertise to contribute to projects and project proposals of our multidisciplinary project teams of data, didactical, media and policy specialists.
- Align with stakeholders, in particular within the department Strategy and Academic Affairs, about how to best support the university strategy around education.
- Chair the change advisory board for the digital learning environment of the University.
Responsibilities specifically in the Data & Media space
- Strategy development around data, analytics, AI and innovative media (e.g. 360-video, XR, motion-capture) together with the team and external partners within the university.
- Build and maintain the network of data, analytics, AI, and innovative media related partners.
- Develop new projects by being first point of contact for faculty requests as well as by doing active outreach to potentially interested teachers.
- Partake in maintaining the LLInC's cross-team collaborations
- WO think-work level, with affinity with an academic work and learning environment and experience with working with content experts.
- 10+ years of working experience of which at least 2 years’ experience in a technical field.
- Experience with leading a team, supervising, coaching junior colleagues and/orequivalent.
- Team player that likes to work in a flexible and multidisciplinary team.
- Good interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching & development skills.
- Good communication skills in both English and Dutch, minimum B2 level for both
- Coaching and/or supervision experience.
- Substantial experience with data analysis and a good understanding of statistics
- Great enthusiasm for new technologies and innovations
Nice to haves
- Experience with managing a team of highly skilled technical people.
- A PhD in a field related to the work LLInC does (data, media, didactics or policy) or equivalent work experience in academic research.
- Experience in programming with at least one language (e.g. R, Python or C#).
- Experience with XR or other innovative media.
- Experience with data science.
- Experience with processing and analysis of course and programme evaluations or other types of surveys/evaluations.
At LLInC, we use our talents and enthusiasm to support first-class education at Leiden University. Our multidisciplinary team of 50 professionals work closely with university lecturers on tools and techniques that make learning attractive, innovative, accessible, and inclusive. Our way of working is collaborative and creative. We are not afraid to experiment and take risks, and we prioritize solutions that have a positive impact on people and our world.
Diversity and inclusion
Fostering an inclusive community is a central element of the values and vision of Leiden University. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research. High quality teaching and research is inclusive.
Terms and conditions
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary ranges from € 5.247,- to € 6.737,- gross per month (pay scale 12) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. Leiden Learning and Innovation Centre has offices in both The Hague and Leiden. In this position it is possible to work partly at home and partly in the office (hybrid working).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions
More information about Leiden University can be found at:https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en
Enquiries can be made to Sonja Wijfjes-Chang, executive assistant, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Leiden Learning and Innovation Centre (LLInC) can be found at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/llinc
Please submit online your application no later than March 18, 2024 via the blue button of our application system, applications through other routes will not be accepted. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a cv.
Internal candidates will, in the event of equivalent suitability, be given preference over external candidates.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated