Data Analyst (0,8 - 1,0 FTE)
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- 0,8 – 1,0
- Intern , Extern
- Geplaatst op
- 21 maart 2023
- 31 maart 2023 Nog 1 dag om te solliciteren
Are you convinced that decisions should be made based on more than experience and gut-feeling? Do you want to help Leiden University apply this thinking to the design of her curriculum and courses? And do you know the ins and outs of data analysis? Then look no further.
Our Data & Media team at Leiden Learning and Innovation Centre (LLInC) is looking for a:
Data Analyst (0,8 - 1,0 FTE)
As part of the Data & Media team, you’ll focus on supporting LLInC and the faculties of Leiden University with data analysis and modelling on educational data. We are looking for a data analysis enthusiast that also doesn’t mind taking on some tasks in related fields from time to time, such as software engineering, web development or data engineering.
- Identifying and scoping the questions from teachers, making sure to understand what the purpose and envisioned action of their data analysis questions is;
- Investigating whether the question requires custom analysis or can be done with the currently available tools in e.g. Brightspace;
- Collecting and structuring the necessary data for the custom analyses;
- Thinking creatively about the analysis approach, proactively suggesting more advanced approaches, likely unknown to our clients, when appropriate;
- Setting up your analysis code or machine learning/statistical models whilst at the same time building up a library of analysis functionalities to allow easy reuse;
- Aligning with your clients on the assumptions to be made and definitions to be used, aiming for standard definitions throughout the university;
- Presenting your analysis or model results and steps taken in a visually attractive way.
- A relevant and completed Master’s Degree (Computer Science, Statistics and Data Science, Engineering and Policy Analysis, Science Business and Innovation, Business Analytics or similar studies);
- 0-4 years of experience in data analysis;
- Experience in a consulting role is a plus;
- Practical experience with analytical techniques, this should include but not be limited to data analysis, predictive modelling, and data visualization;
- Experience with Python or R, both is a plus;
- Experience with dashboarding tools like PowerBi is a plus;
- Experience with SQL is a plus;
- Good communication skills in both Dutch and English (written and spoken).
In January 2023, the Centre for Innovation (CFI) and the Higher Education department of ICLON merged into the Leiden Learning & Innovation Centre (LLInC). At LLInC, we use our talents and enthusiasm to support first-class education at Leiden University. Our multidisciplinary team of 50 professionals work closely with university lecturers on tools and techniques that make learning attractive, innovative, accessible, and inclusive. Our way of working is collaborative and creative. We are not afraid to experiment and take risks, and we prioritise solutions that have a positive impact on people and our world.
Diversity and inclusion
Fostering an inclusive community is a central element of the values and vision of Leiden University. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research. High quality teaching and research is inclusive.
Terms and conditions
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary range from €2.960,- to €5439,- gross per month (pay scale 10/11) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. Leiden Learning and Innovation Centre is located in The Hague.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions
In this position it is possible to work partly at home and partly in the office (hybrid working). More information about Leiden University can be found at: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en
Enquiries can be made to Michiel Musterd, manager Data, AI & Media, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Leiden Learning and Innovation Centre (LLInC) can be found at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/llinc
Please submit online your application no later than 31 March 2023 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a cv.
Internal candidates will, in the event of equivalent suitability, be given preference over external candidates.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated