Analyst - Stem cell platform
- Wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- Intern , Extern
- Geplaatst op
- 7 maart 2023
- 28 maart 2023 Vacature gesloten
The Faculty of Science, Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is looking for an
Analyst - Stem cell platform
The Leiden Academic Center for Drug Research (LACDR) is part of the Faculty of Science. The LACDR is a leading institute that conducts fundamental and strategic scientific research in the field of innovative drug research.
The Stem Cells, Developmental Biology and Technology for Innovative Drug Research group within the Drug Discovery and Safety division focuses on hypothesis-driven stem cell research for developing regenerative medicines and empowering drug research using human tissue models in the culture dish. The use of cellular reprogramming, induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell differentiation, gene editing (CRISPR-Cas) and drug screening pipelines are being utilized together with advanced cell biology techniques, such including single cell transcriptomics, flow cytometry, and cutting-edge microscopy, for providing new insights into mechanisms of disease and drugs.
The analyst will be responsible for the creation and the ongoing operation of a stem cell platform. Specific tasks include:
- Organization of cell culture, differentiation and reprogramming of pluripotent stem cells;
- Creation and registration of cell banks and stocks;
- Creation, maintenance and reporting of molecular biology reagents stocks and plasticware stocks;
- Managing laboratory equipment and culture tissue supplies for the stem cell platform;
- Responsible for organisational and logistical matters in and around the stem cell platform;
- Conduct training and introduction of the stem cell platform to new employees.
- An HLO diploma in Biology and Medical Laboratory Research or Biochemistry or study that meets the following requirements:
- Minimum 2 year experience with advanced cell culture experience and molecular biology techniques, and
- Demonstrating experience with: Human induced pluripotent stem cell differentiation, or Culturing of stem cells; Flow cytometry, or Next generation sequencing and library preparation, and / or Immunohistochemistry;
- Strong analytical skills and an accurate work attitude;
- Being available for rotation duties on weekends;
- A team player who likes working in a dynamic environment;
- Good English language skills are required.
Leiden Academic Center for Drug Research as a research institute works at the leading edge of drug-design and fundamental research of new drugs, improvements and optimisation of existing drugs, and new developments in personalised medicine. Within Leiden University we participate in the research profile area of 'Bioscience: the science base of health'. Read more information about LACDR on the website.
The Faculty of Science is a world-class faculty where staff and students work together in a dynamic international environment. It is a faculty where personal and academic development are top priorities. Our people are committed to expand fundamental knowledge by curiosity and to look beyond the borders of their own discipline; their aim is to benefit science, and to contribute to addressing the major societal challenges of the future.
The research carried out at the Faculty of Science is very diverse, ranging from mathematics, information science, astronomy, physics, chemistry and bio-pharmaceutical sciences to biology and environmental sciences. The research activities are organized in eight institutes. These institutes offer eight bachelor’s and twelve master’s programs. The faculty has grown strongly in recent years and now has more than 2,200 staff and almost 4,200 students. We are located at the heart of Leiden’s Bio Science Park, one of Europe’s biggest science parks, where university and business life come together. For more information, see the website of the Faculty of Science.
Terms and conditions
A position with room for personal input, a pleasant working atmosphere in a creative environment with the possibility to work with the most modern equipment.
In accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, initially we offer a one year term position with the possibility of renewal based on need, performance and funding. The salary range is from € 2.471- to € 3.764- gross per month on fulltime base (scale 7 or 8), depending on education and experience.
In addition, Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package. For example, there is an end-of-year bonus (8.3%), holiday allowance (8%), excellent training facilities, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave and the option of our individual choices model to assemble your own set of terms and conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
For any questions, you are welcome to contact Micha Drukker, email email@example.com.
Applications quoting the vacancy number, including a motivation letter and curriculum vitae, can be sent no later than 28 March 2023 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org attention to Myrtille Koerselman
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated.