Communications Officer (0,8 - 1,0 FTE)
- 22-413 11963
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- Geplaatst op
- 28 juni 2022
- 15 juli 2022 Vacature gesloten
Student and Educational Affairs (SEA), department Centre for Innovation, is looking for a:
Communications Officer (0,8 - 1,0 FTE)
The communications officer shapes the communications strategy of the new department and manages execution of all department and project specific communications. This role will be responsible for overseeing project communications, editorial oversight of the department’s many communications channels, review of strategic documents and outreach and engagement with stakeholders both within and outside the University. You will work closely with our team to develop and promote content about a diverse range of projects. The ideal applicant will possess knowledge of community engagement, stakeholder management, identity development, and branding.
As Leiden University is currently forming a new central department to support teaching and learning, a large part of this role in the beginning will be to think strategically to create, implement and communicate about a new identity for the organisation. This could include branding, writing content, website development, designing templates and creating a long-term communications strategy, keeping University strategic goals in mind. As the department has media and design expertise in house, your role will be to spearhead these projects, manage capacity and keep a keen eye for consistent messaging. You will be working with a multidisciplinary team to create an organisation that is an industry leader in educational innovation, support and professionalisation.
- Support the creation of project specific communications campaigns;
- Create and/or review strategic communications within Leiden University and to partners, including project proposals and reports, policy advice, presentations and other official documentation;
- Coordinate a diverse range of projects and communications channels;
- Maintain and grow networks with Leiden University staff;
- Editorial management of both internal and external communications;
- Oversee and contribute to content develop and growth over various platforms;
- Manage and oversee internal staff involved communications or communications related activities;
- Think creatively about how to communicate to the department team through various platforms such as an internal newsletter or team days;
- Develop and implement both short- and long-term communications strategies for a newly created department that acts as Leiden University’s central hub for educational innovation, support and professionalisation.
You’re an highly organized communications professional and a good communicator in both Dutch and English. You can think strategically and translate big picture ideas into day-to-day work. You like to work with people, but also thrive independently. You set goals and have strong time and people management skills.
- Have 5+ years experience in communications or a similar role;
- Professional proficiency in English and Dutch;
- Experience with digital content development and strategy execution;
- Creative writer, able to build content, with a keen sense for aesthetics;
- Excited to work in an international environment;
- Strong analytical skills and ability think strategically;
- Great team player, with passion, dedication and energy;
- Experience in Higher Education with an existing network in the NL and EU is a plus.
The Student and Educational Affairs expertise centre facilitates study and academic success, by way of offering support to students and academic supervisors, carrying out administrative processes and contributing to an optimal living and educational environment.
The Centre for Innovation (CFI) is a think- and do- tank of Leiden University which works as an innovation accelerator in the areas of learning, living, and working. The mission of the Centre for innovation is to identify and explore transformative trends in a digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and its partners.
Terms and conditions
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary range from € 3821,- to €5230,- gross per month (pay scale 11) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions
- Work in a flexible, enthusiastic and collaborative team;
- Work with multidisciplinary colleagues across a broad range of projects;
- Contribute to communications strategy and big-picture brand integrity.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are core values of Leiden University. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research. High quality teaching and research is inclusive.
Enquiries can be made to Uli Botzojorns, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Student and Educational Affairs (SEA) can be found at https://organisation.leiden.edu/student-education-affairs/
Information about Leiden University can be found at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en
Please submit online your application no later than 15 July 2022 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a cv.
Internal candidates will, in the event of equivalent suitability, be given preference over external candidates.