Assistant Professor Methodology & Statistics
- 22-231 11349
- Wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- Geplaatst op
- 19 april 2022
- 18 mei 2022 Vacature gesloten
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Institute of Psychology, the Methodology and Statistics unit has a vacancy for a position as an
Assistant Professor Methodology & Statistics (1,00 FTE)
Vacancy number: 22-231 11349
• You will contribute to the teaching program of the Methodology and Statistics unit at both the Bachelor and Master level, and will supervise students at different stages of education;
• Your research should be relevant to Statistics for Psychology, and should ideally focus on one of the following topics: 1) Statistical Learning; 2) Statistical methods for (F)MRI Analysis; or 3) Applied Psychometrics;
• You are able to program software in R, Python, C++ or similar languages and have experience using statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, or STATA;
• You will act as a statistical consultant for members of the Institute of Psychology and the Leiden University graduate school of Social and Behavioural Sciences;
• You will be expected to apply for research grants from Dutch and European funding agencies;
• You contribute to the organization (and administration) at the level of the unit and the institute.
The distribution of education vs. research is 60%-40% (but 80%-20% is possible on request).
• A PhD in a topic relevant to Statistics for Behavioural Sciences or Psychometrics as well as an excellent research and teaching background;
• You are able to supervise and conduct independent empirical research and successful in acquiring external grants;
• You have experience and affinity with teaching at the academic level;
• Both Dutch and English language proficiency (or the intention to obtain these) is required.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences conducts high-quality research and offers a broad and disciplinary educational programme, focused on increasing our understanding of current developments in society. The faculty consists of five institutes: Centre for Science and Technology Studies, Cultural Anthropology and Developmental Sociology, Education and Child Studies, Political Science and Psychology. The faculty has approximately 7,000 students and 1000 staff members. For more information, please visit the website https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/social-behavioural-sciences.
Diversity and inclusion are cherished as core values at Leiden University. At the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences we strive to create a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment too, in which everyone – no matter who they are or what they do – can feel at home and develop their talents.
Terms and conditions
We offer a 18 months position, with the possibility of tenure thereafter. Salary range from € 3,821.- to € 5,943.- gross per month on a full-time basis (pay scale 11 or 12), in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification. If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Please submit online your application no later than 05/18/2022 via the blue button in our application system.
Applicants should submit online a letter of interest that also includes a research profile (1-2 pages), a teaching statement (1-2 page description of courses taught and teaching interest) and the name and contact information of two references (no letters), accompanied by a detailed CV.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.