POBB project manager
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- Geplaatst op
- 1 februari 2022
- 13 februari 2022 Vacature gesloten
The Netherlands Institute in Morocco (NIMAR) in Rabat is looking for a
POBB project manager as of 1 March 2022.
The project manager is responsible for organising, executing and co-developing the three-year POBB project. The Foreign Policy Support Program (POBB) is a cooperation between NIMAR and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in which NIMAR functions as a cultural instrument. Its aim is to strengthen the biliteral relationship between the Netherlands and Morocco through cooperation in the fields of culture, education, and science. In this context, three major projects will be organised: Dutch participation at the international book fair in Casablanca, cultural and academic programs at NIMAR and renowned venues, and a program for museum and heritage studies with internships and conferences. In addition, the project manager contributes to the regular activities of NIMAR.
The project manager’s main duties are:
- The overall administrative, financial, coordinating and logistical handling of the project;
- Manage the Dutch presence at the international book fair, contact Dutch publishers and authors and represent NIMAR and The Netherlands during the book fair;
- Program, organise and promote the cultural activities at NIMAR and other venues under the guidance of the management team of NIMAR;
- Prepare, organise, and supervise the conferences, internships and study trips with regard to museum and heritage studies, both in terms of content and practicality;
- Build and maintain a network of relevant institutions and individuals in the cultural sector and the academia in Morocco and The Netherlands;
- Provide information about the project and other relevant NIMAR activities, both for reporting on the project as for promotion purposes on the website and social media;
- Contact and coordinate with Leiden University, the Dutch Embassy in Rabat, Moroccan and Dutch partners and participants;
- Provide information for Dutch and Moroccan cultural organisations;
- Monitor scientific and cultural developments that are relevant for the execution of the project;
- In the long run, search actively and request for funding of a follow-up project;
- Receive visiting groups at NIMAR.
Additionally, the project manager supports the management team in organising public events and activities.
You are a professional, pro-active, and flexible team player with a service-oriented attitude. You work easily and effectively with your colleagues both in the Netherlands and Morocco and do not mind looking beyond the boundaries of your own discipline. You have excellent organising skills and manage activities from start to finish. You have excellent writing skills that you use to report on all activities, both in terms of accounting for the project and for the website and social media.
- Academic degree in the humanities or the social sciences, preferably in museum and heritage studies;
- Insight into and knowledge of the academic field in both Morocco and the Netherlands and familiarity with the cultural field in both countries;
- Proven organizational skills, preferably in Morocco, project management experience is an advantage;
- Experience with financial administrative reporting, from proposal to completion of a project;
- Good knowledge of Morocco, both in the academic and practical sense;
- Insight into social and cultural developments that are relevant to NIMAR;
- Excellent (intercultural) communication and networking skills;
- Very good knowledge of the French and the English language, both spoken and written, knowledge of the Dutch language and spoken Moroccan Arabic is an asset;
- Political understanding and knowledge of political relations and sensitivities.
Description of the organisation
The Netherlands Institute in Morocco (NIMAR) is an institute of Leiden University with a national mission. NIMAR offers, under the responsibility of the Leiden University Faculty of Humanities, bachelor’s and master’s programs on the language, culture, religion and society of Morocco and North Africa. NIMAR facilitates and stimulates scientific research on Morocco and the region and endeavours to make this research accessible to Dutch society. NIMAR also plays a role in building a national library collection on Morocco and the Arab world.
NIMAR's staff consists of approximately ten employees and is led by the Director of NIMAR. NIMAR’s employees are appointed as local staff at the Dutch embassy in Morocco.
A job position for the period of the project (three years). This job is not an expat function, it is a local position based on the salary and working conditions of the Dutch Embassy in Morocco. Depending on the educational background and work experience of the applicant, the monthly salary amounts to a minimum of 27,831 MAD and a maximum of 41,747 MAD gross, based on a full working week of 37 hours with a full-time position (scale 8 Rrlok). The employment conditions will be discussed in more detail after selection of the candidate.
Applicants can send their CV with cover letter at the latest by February 13, 2022 via the blue button.
For more information about the position, you can contact the director of NIMAR: firstname.lastname@example.org