Recruitment & Admissions Officer
- 19-231 6253
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- The Hague
- Geplaatst op
- 14 mei 2019
- 31 mei 2019
Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs, Leiden University College The Hague (LUC) is looking for a
Recruitment & Admissions Officer (0,8 FTE)
Recruitment (peak of workload in September-December)
- Planning for and participating in national and international recruitment, including Open Days, school visits and fairs, in close cooperation with the Senior Recruitment and Communication Officer;
- Managing prospective national and international students from point of contact through admissions procedure and enrollment, to include inquiry conversion, application and yield activities by advising students on programme of choice and admissions requirements;
- Development of new and existing online and offline recruitment campaigns and communication with prospective students.
Admissions (peak of workload in January-August)
- Process submitted applications in the digital admissions system (part of uSis), and keep track of and communicate with each applicant regarding the status of their application and missing documents;
- Manage the Admissions inbox (email correspondence) and replying to enquiries in a prompt, customer friendly, clear and correct manner;
- Contribute to streamlining and improving the admission and selection process;
- Various administrative tasks, such as archiving, scanning, and organizing selection interviews for students with academic staff members.
- A degree that is comparable to at least the Dutch HBO level;
- At least one year of relevant experience, preferably within an (international) institution for higher education;
- Experience with and understanding of different education systems worldwide;
- Experience with the use of uSis or similar registration systems used in admission processes;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect to different individuals and groups in multiple settings both in Dutch and English (C1 level);
- Work accurately and structured, having a keen eye for procedures and detail;
- Organizational skills;
- Have a hands-on mentality, able to prioritize tasks and able to deal with stress;
- Interested in working in an international environment and able to work in a (small) team;
- Willingness to travel and deal with flexible working hours (some weekends included).
The Faculty of governance and Global Affairs is one of the seven faculties of Leiden University. Firmly rooted in the academic tradition, our students and researchers work together with national and international partners on new insights and solutions to current issues at the crossroads of politics, public administration and international law.
Leiden University College The Hague (LUC The Hague) was founded in 2010 as the international honours college of Leiden University in The Netherlands for a select group of excellent and highly motivated students from around the world. The LUC academic staff consists of highly ambitious and international scholars recruited from top institutes across the globe, who combine excellent teaching skills with conducting innovative multidisciplinary research.
Terms and conditions
This is a part time, temporary, position for a period of one year with the possibility of a renewal based on need, funding and performance. The appointment will be according to the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten). Salary range from €2579 to €3445 gross per month (pay scale 8).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Kim Duistermaat, operational manager, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit online your application no later than 31 May 2019 via the blue button in our application system.
Please ensure that you upload the following documents in PDF format, quoting the vacancy number:
- A letter of motivation;
- Curriculum vitae;
- The names and contact details of two potential referees.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.