Project Manager (0.5 FTE)
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- 0.5 FTE
- Intern, Extern
- The Hague
- Type aanstelling
- Geplaatst op
- 10 februari 2019
- 03 maart 2019
The department Centre for Innovation of the Student and Educational Affairs is looking for a Project Manager (0.5 FTE).
- As project manager you will be responsible for developing and delivering projects which innovate learning and education at Leiden University. In an innovative multidisciplinary team you will work together with various stakeholders in the University and connected partners. With Project Leaders, you will ideate, develop, plan and deliver new projects which innovate the education and research of Leiden University;
- Furthermore you will stimulate the publication and disseminating of new media products of CfI and other parties for wider use within the university and other educational institutions. Therefore you will develop and maintain a network for cooperation in building and using educational products within Leiden University, the Dutch educational world and -in a later stage- Europe. Next to this you will address issues concerning intellectual property and privacy;
- For the projects, you will need to acquire sufficient budget, mobilise support within and outside the university, develop and write proposals, including the required resources, staffing, and schedule. Throughout, you’ll need to maintain and grow a network of prospective and existing partners and clients within Leiden University and other (educational) institutions in the Netherlands and abroad.
- Work with and manage multidisciplinary new media (AR/VR) project teams;
- Research trends in education and new media and generate ideas which are innovative and impactful for Leiden University and its partners;
- Invent, develop and execute new projects, especially on new media and education;
- Develop and manage a network and platform for the dissemination of (educational) apps from Leiden University and other institutions in the Netherlands and Europe;
- Organize on and off line exchange of knowledge on new media;
- Communicate about the platform and new media in general to different target groups;
- Develop and maintain contacts in and outside Leiden University and (co-)create financially sound projects and work together on the platform.
- Academic think-work level, with experience and affinity with an academic work and learning environment and experience with working with content experts;
- Extensive experience in management, development and communication;
- Experience in the development of web based platforms;
- Knowledge of and experience in working in film / TV / new media;
- Affinity and experience with the goals and processes of Leiden University faculties and expertise centers;
- Familiarity with trends in new media, and how they may impact Leiden University in the future;
- Working experience with current innovation theories, norms, terminology, and processes is necessary.
- Working experience in the academic field and a knowledge of the funding structure and funding organisations;
- Competences: creative and novel thinker who ensures that progress and concrete results are achieved in a creative environment with high quality standards, team player and collaborative thinker, can work well with multiple stakeholders, persuasiveness; creativity; binding leadership; cultural sensitivity; managing for results; cost-consciousness; planning & organization are necessary personal competences.
The Student and Educational Affairs expertise center facilitates study and academic success, by way of offering support to students and academic supervisors, carrying out administrative processes and contributing to an optimal living and educational environment.
The Centre for Innovation (CFI) is a think- and do- tank of Leiden University which works as an innovation accelerator in the areas of learning, living and working. The mission of the Centre for innovation is to identify and explore transformative trends in a digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and its partners.
Terms and conditions
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary range from €4,406 to €5,656 gross per month (pay scale 12) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The Centre for Innovation is located in The Hague.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Karen van Muiden, project leader, email email@example.com, telephone +31 70 800 9341.
Please submit online your application no later than 3 March 2019 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.