Scholarships Programs Coordinator
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Omvang (fte)
- 0.6 FTE
- Intern, Extern
- Type aanstelling
- Geplaatst op
- 28 maart 2018
- 10 april 2018
The department Admission Office & Scholarships of the Student and Educational Affairs (SEA) has a temporary position for a Scholarships Programs Coordinator for a period of one year.
- Coordinate and administer scholarship programs for incoming and outgoing students;
- Manage processes and communication between students, faculties, scholarship providers, financial departments and other stakeholders;
- Produce reports for management and budgeting, and manage contracts;
- Regularly evaluate current and potential programmes and procedures, making recommendations where necessary;
- Contribute to new initiatives, such as digitalising procedures.
- HBO or equivalent level;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Work experience in internationalisation or higher education is preferred;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently and to approach projects and challenges with energy and creativity (a go-getter), but also a team-player;
- Strong in administrative processes and good computer skills (MS-Office; esp. Excel);
- Proven ability to work under pressure;
- Great intercultural and social communication skills;
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Dutch (English level B2 , Dutch NT2-II);
- Competences relevant for this role: Capacity to learn, Result Oriented, Networking skills, Cooperating, Planning and organising, Commitment to the client, Verbal communication.
The Student and Educational Affairs expertise center facilitates study and academic success, by way of offering support to students and academic supervisors, carrying out administrative processes and contributing to an optimal living and educational environment.
Admissions Office & Scholarships is responsible for processing all applications for admissions (Bachelor, Master, Exchange and Study Abroad). The Admissions Office applies for visa for international students. In addition, the office provides information to international students about all necessary steps to take before coming to Leiden, and ensures international students receive assistance after they arrive in the Netherlands. Scholarships manages funds and grants for arriving and departing (international) students.
Working at the Admissions Office & Scholarships means working in an internationally oriented office. As a Scholarship Programs Coordinator you will be working within the Scholarships team with six colleagues who manage scholarship programmes for international and Leiden students who are going to study abroad.
Terms and conditions
We offer this temporary position for the period of one year, due to maternity leave. Salary range from €2,465 to €3,292 gross per month (pay scale 8) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The option for temporary secondment (Dutch: detachering) is possible for employees of Leiden University.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year temporarybonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Cindy Schotte, Teamleader Scholarships team, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +31 71 527 7256.
Please submit online your application no later than 11 April 2018 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV. You can apply in English or in Dutch.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated