Internship Opportunity in Leiden Indonesia Office
The Office of Leiden University in Indonesia is currently looking for an intern interested in learning aspects of public and government relations, marketing and communication in the field of higher education.
Office of Leiden University in Indonesia
In 1969, the KITLV-Jakarta office was established in co-operation with the Indonesian Institute of Sciences, now BRIN). Since July 2014, it is part of Leiden University Libraries. Its main activities are collections development, digitization, and publishing. It also has a library and reading room, containing major reference works with fast access to the library of Leiden University catalogues.
Since October 2015, the KITLV-Jakarta office also doubles as the representative Office of Leiden University in Indonesia. It facilitates and initiates academic collaboration with Indonesian universities, research institutes, and relevant ministries. It also provides information on international study programmes offered by Leiden University.
The office is located in Kuningan, South Jakarta area.
The Office of Leiden University in Indonesia is currently looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public and government relations, marketing, and communication in the field of higher education. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field and will complete this programme ready to enter public relations and marketing communication in the field of higher education sector with excellent skills.
- Assist in organizing events, such as lectures, seminars, education promotion, etc.
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
- Assist with website, social media, mailings, and print production.
- Write press releases and other materials.
- Contribute to webpage creation projects.
- Create and/or update databases.
- Any other relevant responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
- Public Relations, Communication, International Relations, or Foregin Language major from a reputable university, minimum entering 3rd year or 5th semester.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Proficient in English and Indonesian.
- Solid understanding of website and social media.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Office applications.
- Energetic, creative, hard-working, and team-oriented.
- Possess proactive personality and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to details.
- Practical public relations experience, working directly with counterparts.
- Practical experience with website and social media campaigns.
- Mentoring and training opportunities with public relations and marketing and communication professionals.
- Opportunity to participate in meetings, events, and other networking events.
- Flexible schedule for students (16 hours per week).
- Compensation available.
CV submission >> 19-31 January 2023
Selection process >> 1-7 February 2023
Interview process >> 13-14 February 2023
Internship programme>> 1 March-30 June 2023
Please send your CV and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Internship Leiden" as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.