To do in and around Leiden
There are many things to do in and around Leiden. For a nice overview, please visit the tourist website about Leiden, VisitLeiden.nl.
- Hortus Botanicus - Beautiful Gardens where you can watch the flowers and plants, or just sit down to relax.
- Old Observatory - If you visit the Hortus Botanicus you could combine this with a visit to the Old Observatory. It is open for tourists three days a week.
- De Burcht - Is an old Fort constructed in the 11th century. It is located at the spot where two tributaries of the Rhine come together. The structure is on top of a motte, and is today a public park. Futhermore there will be a great view over the city.
- Walking - Leiden is quite small, so you can see the city center by going for a stroll. You can also do one of the city walks (some are guided). There is even a special mathematics walk.
- For a nice view - There is a La Place restaurant on the top floor of the Hudson's Bay. We recommend you to go there for a coffee or lunch and enjoy the great view over Leiden's city center.