Alumni Engagement & Development Officer
- Vacancy number
- Function type
- Non-academic staff
- Hours (in fte)
- External/ internal
- Internal, External
- Placed on
- 23 July 2019
- Closing date
- 08 September 2019
Leiden University College The Hague of the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is looking for an
Alumni Engagement & Development Officer
Leiden University College The Hague is a very successful Liberal Arts & Sciences bachelor college. One of the key characteristics is our strong community of students, staff and alumni. As part of the vision and strategy 2019-2025, LUC aims to further develop the Global Citizenship and community components of the program, connect more actively to local and international societal partners, and increase the diversity of our community. Additionally, LUC wishes to engage more strongly with the growing group of alumni. In the light of these strategies, we are establishing more active connections with alumni and with partners, and a scholarship fund has been established to enable students from a variety of backgrounds to attend LUC. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and experienced Alumni Engagement & Development Officer to join our team. Key tasks include:
- Contribute to and implement LUC’s strategy for connecting alumni, current and prospective students, and staff, to keep alumni involved and engaged with our college;
- Organize activities and events involving alumni, for alumni and current students;
- Establish regular communication with our alumni (newsletters, mailings, etc.). Collect and make information about our alumni accessible, including further education and career information. Carry out periodical surveys among alumni;
- Connect with the professional field of Alumni relations in the Netherlands or abroad, and with colleagues at Leiden University and other University Colleges in the Netherlands, to keep up to date with the most recent developments and insights in the field.
- Contribute to and implement LUC’s strategy to enable students from a variety of backgrounds to attend LUC;
- Formulate value propositions and create compelling, engaging, and customized communication material;
- Organize activities and events for fundraising purposes, raise funds according to an annual target;
- Develop communication about the fund and fundraising activities for various audiences;
- Establish and maintain relations with organizations and private donors;
- Work closely together with others as a member of a small team working on Recruitment, Admissions, Communication and Events, and with others in the LUC team and at Leiden University (such as colleagues from the Leiden University Fund).
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (or hbo) in a relevant field, or demonstrable relevant other education (for example through professional courses);
- You bring at least 4 years of experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrable experience with non-profit or university fundraising and development of fundraising strategies;
- Affinity with or experience in a Liberal Arts & Sciences college;
- Very strong people skills and relationship building skills, very strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to connect to students as well as professional organizations, and present for smaller or larger audiences;
- The ability to work independently, but also function well in a small team. Being able to supervise student assistants or student volunteers;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch (C1 level). The language of communication at LUC is English and a large part of our community is international, however, it is also important to be able to communicate in Dutch with local partners;
- Proven skills in online marketing (content, e-mail, social media, mobile);
- Experience with customer relations tools.
Leiden University College The Hague (LUC The Hague) was founded in 2010 as the international honours college of Leiden University in The Netherlands for a select group of excellent and highly motivated students from around the world. The LUC academic staff consists of highly ambitious and international scholars recruited from top institutes across the globe, who combine excellent teaching skills with conducting innovative multidisciplinary research. For more information: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/governance-and-global-affairs/leiden-university-college-the-hague.
The faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is one of the seven faculties of Leiden University. Firmly rooted in the academic tradition, our students and researchers work together with national and international partners on new insights and solutions to current issues at the crossroads of politics, public administration and international law.
Terms and conditions
We offer a one year term position, with the possibility of renewal based on need, funding and performance. Salary ranges from €2.835 to €3.895 gross per month (pay scale 9, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Dr. Kim Duistermaat, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online no later than 8 September 2019 via the blue button above this page. Applicants should submit a letter of interest accompanied by a CV and the contact details for two references.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated