Vera received both her BSc (Psychology, 2014) and her MSc (Cognitive Neuroscience, research, 2017) at Leiden University. In 2016 she started her PhD project with Prof. dr. Bernhard Hommel.
Her current research is about cognitive metacontrol, or how the tradeoff between goal-persistence and cognitive flexibility is controlled. Vera aims to combine behavioral measures and computational modeling to study the extent of persistence and flexibility in cognitive control. Related is her interest in the extent to which individuals differ with respect to adapting the trade-off between the two ends of the persistence/flexibility balance.
In future projects she will use computational models in model-based neuroimaging in order to study neural correlates of metacontrol, in collaboration with Anne Trutti.
- Workgroup lecturer Consciousness (second year BSc course)
- Workgroup lecturer Introductory to Research Methods and Statistics (first year BSc)
- Workgroup lecturer Inferential Statistics (first year BSc)
- Workgroup lecturer Experimental and Correlational Research (first year BSc)
- Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen
- Instituut Psychologie
- Cognitieve Psychologie
No relevant ancillary activities