- S. Siddik MA
Islam, Politics and the Media in Indonesia
"Screening Dakwah in Indonesian Television"
My study looks at texts and practices of the screening of dakwah (Islamic proselytizing) in Indonesian televisions. It is intended to investigate the relations between Islam and media within the context of how dakwah is produced and reproduced in television programmes and how Indonesian Muslims identify themselves in modern times.
Supervisor: Prof.dr. Ben Arps
- M.A. in Islamic Studies, Centre for the Study of Islam and Society, Faculty of Humanities, Leiden University, Netherlands, 2010 - 2011.
- B.A. in English Linguistics, Department of English Language and Literature, Faculty of Humanities and Culture, State Islamic University of Malang, Indonesia, 2004 - 2008
- Freelance Translator, Indonesian Translator Association,2012 - present.
- Lecturer, Faculty of Islamic Education, State Islamic University of Malang, Indonesia, 2012 - 2013.
- Academic Staff of Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, State Islamic University of Malang, Indonesia, 2011 - 2013.
- Islamic Theology
- Thoughts of Islamic Education
- Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Indonesia, 2013.
- Training Indonesia's Young Leaders Programmes, Leiden University, 2010.
- Best Graduate, Department of English Language and Literature, Faculty of Humanities and Culture, State Islamic University of Malang, Indonesia, 2008
- Siddik, Syahril (2007),“Islam and the West in Indonesian Perspectives”, in el-Maʻrifah, State Islamic University of Malang.
- Siddik, Syahril (2006),“Revitalizing Islam in Globalization Era: Indonesian Context”, in el-Ma’rifah, State Islamic University of Malang.