Roel van Dooren
Roel van Dooren completed both a bachelor in Psychology as well as obtained a research master degree in Behavioral Science at the Radboud University in Nijmegen. As of 2016, he works as a PhD candidate at the department of Cognitive Psychology.
Within his research, Roel focusses on the question "How do we know when to adjust our cognitive control intensity to meet situational requirements?". In order to obtain a fine-grained answer to this question, he combines techniques within the field of computational modeling with behavioral- and neurophysiological measurements.
- Labcoordinator of the Cognitive Psychology department.
- Co-coordinator Minor Brain and Cognition (interdisciplinary minor).
- Workgroup lecturer Experimentation I: Programming Psychological Experiments.
- Workgroup lecturer Experimentation II: Neuroscientific Research Methods.
- Guest lecturer Reinforcement Learning and Decision Making: Computational and Neural Mechanisms.
No relevant ancillary activities